Kids First Sports Center’s L.I.T. (Leaders in Training) Program
…provides participants with the necessary skills and knowledge to prepare them for future employment in any field. Our program covers such topics as leadership, conflict resolution and group dynamics. Working as a group, L.I.T.’s have the opportunity to function as a “team” as well as to practice leadership and interpersonal relationships. This philosophy will be the focus throughout the program. To accomplish its objective, each participant will be held to a high level of commitment and maturity. Please understand that Kids First’s L.I.T. program involves a serious commitment to Campapalooza and its goals and mission. L.I.T. positions are limited and filled based on the discretion of the Camp Director.
- A love & respect for kids is a MUST!
- Willingness to learn
- Entering 8th or 9th grade during the 2012-2013 school year
- 2-3 reference letters from teachers, clergy, youth leaders, neighbors or friends that you have baby-sat for, and anyone who can attest to your character.
- Be able to commit M–F 8:45 am–4:15 pm for a minimum of 5 weeks
GENERAL OVERVIEW OF L.I.T.
- Group Leadership
- Personal Leadership
- Teaching Young Children
- Developing Listening Skills
- Relationship Building
- Dealing with Difficult Situations
- Teamwork with Supervisors
- Overview of the Hiring Process
- Basic Gymnastics Teaching Instruction
COMPLETION OF THE PROGRAM
- A minimum of five weeks (160 hours) of training is required to complete the L.I.T. program.
These hours can be used for Community Service (please provide proper paperwork.)
- You will receive a Certificate of Completion.
- Job Experience and possible letters of recommendation for future job placement inside
or outside of Kids First. (Birthday Parties, Tumble Bees or Camp-a-palooza)
The minimal cost of $59 per week covers all training materials and includes a box lunch.
L.I.T.'s will be placed with a group (K -1st, 2nd, or 3rd & 4th graders) for the entire five weeks. Those attending both sessions will be placed with a different age group during the second five weeks and receive a completely different experience!
- June 11 – July 13…$295
Tuesday June 5, 2012 5-8pm
- July 16 – August 17…$295
Saturday July 14, 2012 9-12pm
Can’t make a M–F comittment? Some scheduling flexibility can be accomodated.
Please call Camp Director Sheri Stulz for approval.
A $50 non–refundable deposit is due at the time of acceptance.
(Please do not send deposit with your application) Balance due at orientation.
- Session 1 June 5, 2013
- Session 2 July 10, 2013
A limited number of applicants will be contacted to interview for the L.I.T. program.
Click here to fill out our online application >>
Downloadable registration form >>
Call 513-489-7575 or email@example.com